- 12 ounces medium size shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup pimentos cut into slivers
- 12 ounces smoked black forest ham, cut into small dice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered pitted black nicoise olives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add sliced onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and zucchini and saute a minute. Add white wine, cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove lid, add tomatoes, pimentos, ham and simmer a couples of minutes just to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and spoon over pasta. Garnish with sliced olives and parsley.