- 1 3/4 cups salted water
- 1 cup long grain "aromatic rice" like Texmati
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 1 package (10 ounces)frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small red, and yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2inch dice
- 12 large cooked shrimp, halved along the back
- 1/2 cup (packed) cilantro, chopped
- Mesclun lettuce, washed
- 1/2 cup pitted jumbo ripe black olives, slivered
Bring the salted water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and simmer over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until just done. Immediately drain the rice when tender, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and drain again. Pat dry and set aside until later.
In a separate mixing bowl combine the tomatoes with the shrimp and cilantro.