- 1 1/2 pounds or 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups chilled buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Set aside some of the mango so you have about 1/2 cup diced and reserved for garnish.
Roughly chop the remaining mango and puree it in a food processor with the buttermilk, orange rind, and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill overnight. Adjust the seasoning before serving. Garnish with reserved diced mango, scallion and a dollop of sour cream centered in the middle.