- 10-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, preferably imported; marinated in olive oil
- Dijon mustard to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Finely chopped chives and fresh tarragon to taste
- 12 ounces cleaned cooked shrimp, chopped
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
Remove the artichokes from the marinade, pat them dry and slice them thinly. Toss and season them with a bit of the olive oil from jar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Chop the shrimp and bind them with some mayonnaise and season them with chives, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
Center artichokes in the middle of a bed of washed lettuce leaves and surround them with shrimp salad.