- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or shallots
- 1/2 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup or more cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 cups broth or water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked rice
- Salt and pepper
Heat butter in a small saucepan. Add onion or shallots, and apple, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add cooked broccoli, rice and broth, cover and simmer 5 minutes to reheat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as is, or better yet, puree in blender. If thick, thin with water; adjust seasoning.