- 1/2 pound ziti
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2inch dice
- 7 ounces pimientoes or roasted red peppers, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads dissolved in 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pound spicy chicken or turkey sausages, pricked with a fork
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly slice
Cook the pasta in 2 quarts of salted water.
Set the tomatoes and peppers in the bottom of a mixing bowl with the olive oil and saffron vinegar.
On a lightly oiled stovetop grill cook the sausages until they are done, about 6 or 7 minutes a side. Cut them into thin slices and add to the tomatoes and peppers.
When the pasta is done, drain it and toss with the sausages, tomatoes and peppers. Season and garnish with scallions.