- 8 ounces penne or short fusilli pasta
- 1 juicy lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Grated rind and puree of a lemon
- Dijon Mustard
- 10 yellow or red cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending upon how large they are)
- Nice bunch arugula or watercress; well washed, stemmed
- Salt and crushed red pepper
Bring water to a boil for pasta. Salt water and boil pasta for 10 minutes or until "al dente." Meanwhile in the bottom of a mixing bowl combine about 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, rind and juice of a lemon, mustard to taste and season with salt and crushed red pepper.
Mince some garlic, halve or quarter cherry tomatoes and add to bottom of mixing bowl. Cut arugula into chiffonade ( not necessary with watercress). When pasta is done, drain it and return to pasta pot and toss with chiffonade of arugula; add dressing and toss until well combined.