- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly julienned
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly julienned
- Chicken broth
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons drained, chopped capers
- 4 flat anchovies, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for about 8 to 10 mins, until firm to the bite or according to package directions.In a non-stick skillet saute garlic in olive oil for a few moments. Add julienned green and yellow bell peppers. Add some broth, cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until peppers are really tender.
Add tomatoes and saute just to heat gently. Add capers and anchovies and remove from heat; taste for seasoning.
When spaghetti is done, drain. Portion out, toss with peppers, and garnish with chopped parsley.