- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth mixed with 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped toasted peanuts for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Parboil the broccoli for a minute and remove. Add the Chinese noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until al dente.
In a large skillet heat the vegetable and sesame oils. When hot, add the scallion, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and saute, stirring continuously until no longer pink. Add the soy sauce, and sugar and simmer 10 seconds. Stir in the parboiled broccoli.
Add the broth mixed with cornstarch and just bring to a simmer. Simmer until lightly thickened. Serve over noodles and garnish with toasted peanuts.