- Two (6 to 8 ounce) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil mixed with 1 teaspoon or so rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds or a combination of white and black seeds seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 cups washed arugula mixed with washed Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette made with mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush tuna with sesame oil and rice vinegar and dip sides, bottom and top, into sesame seeds and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes for rare or 20 minutes for more well done.
Meanwhile wash and dry salad and lightly coat with dressing. Make dipping sauce.
To serve, slice tuna steaks on bias and fan out in middle of plate; surround slices with salad and drizzle soy ginger reduction over the top.