- 1 pound of spaghetti or any other thin pasta
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese-optional garnish
In a large pot bring water to a full rolling boil. Meanwhile, rinse, pat dry, and mince the parsley. Peel and mince the garlic. When the water is ready, add your pasta. Remember start your cooking time when the water returns to a boil, not when you add the pasta. Cook your pasta according to package directions, drain in a colander and transfer to a serving dish To make the sauce; in a skillet heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add the parsley and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sauce to the past and toss to combine.