- 8 ounces straw and hay pasta (white and green)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon red or black caviar for garnish, optional
- Salt and pepper
Cook the pasta and while it is cooking, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the salmon and warm it for a few seconds Add the cream and reduce over low heat until somewhat thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When pasta is done, drain it and return it to saucepan and toss with sauce; adjust seasoning and serve garnished with chives and caviar if you wish.