- 1 to 2 tablespoons of balsamic or raspberry vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 2 ripe Haas avocadoes
- Washed Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves.
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews or peanuts
In a bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, onion and jalapeno. Season to taste with salt and pepper and combine the strawberries and adjust seasoning again.
Peel, halve and pit the avocadoes. Spoon some strawberry salsa in avocado hollow and serve on lettuce; garnish with peanuts.