- 1/4 cup golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled apple or pear
- Salt and pepper
- 4 very thick loin pork chops
- Flour for dusting chops
- Vegetable oil for skillet
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Combine the raisins, grated lemon peel, lemon juice and apple and season with salt and pepper. Make a pocket in the side of each pork chop and stuff some of the mixture inside.. Close each chop with toothpicks. Season with salt and lightly dust with flour.
Heat the oil in an iron skillet. Add the chops and brown them brief on each side. Season with fresh pepper. Cover skillet with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.