- 4.5-5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- Smashed peeled garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Stuffing (see recipe above)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup brown stock or beef broth
- 1 pound peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon slivered pitted olives
- Chopped parsley
Put stuffed lamb on a rack and roast for 1 3/4 hours to 2 hours or until meat is 135 to 140 degrees. Remove from oven as you finish sauce.
Discard fat in roasting pan. Add wine and broth and reduce. Add tomatoes and olives and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat add parsley.