- 8 ounces penne
- 1 pound fresh tuna steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1 jar (6-7 ounces) roasted red peppers or fried sweet peppers with onions, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. When the pasta is done, drain it, cool under cold water, drain again and pat dry.
Meanwhile, grill or broil the tuna 2 to 3 minutes a side only or until charred on the outside, but rare on the inside. (If you don't like tuna rare, substitute canned tuna which you don't cook.) When the tuna is done remove it to a plate for later.
In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, corn, peppers, red pepper flakes and optional mayonnaise. Toss the pasta with the olive oil, corn and peppers.