- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon each Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound skinless boneless, chicken breasts or chicken "tenders"
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
In a shallow dish combine the olive and vegetable oils, mustard, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice the chicken breasts in half, horizontally so you are left with pieces, about 3/8 inch thick. Marinate the chicken in the mustard mixture in the shallow dish, for as long as possible
Dip the chicken in almonds and saute in butter for about 5 minutes a side or until just cooked through.