- 1/2 pound vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, cut into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups loosely packed bean sprouts
- Salt and crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- Toasted sesame seeds
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, about 6 minutes.
Heat sesame and vegetable oils in large skillet. Add scallion and ginger and saute a few seconds. Add mushrooms and carrots. Saute just to coat with oil. Add soy sauce, vinegar and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 4 minutes.
Add bean sprouts and simmer, uncovered until heated through, about a minute. Season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.