- 4 eggplants, trimmed but whole
- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 round, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Serving suggestion: lavash crackers
Roast the eggplant in a preheated 400 degree F. oven until soft, about 45 minutes.
Remove all the meat from the eggplant.
In a large saute pan, heat oil, and saute onions and garlic. Add the eggplant. Add all other ingredients, except the parsley. Remove from the heat and place in a food processor. Pulse until it becomes creamy.
Serve at room temperature, garnished with parsley and served with crispy lavash crackers as a starter.