- 1 pound medium shrimp (16/20 per pound), peeled and cleaned
- 2 pounds meaty white fish, like sea bass, boned, and cut into large dice
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 piece ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 habanero or Scotch bonnet, minced (no seeds or ribs)
- 1 celery rib, minced
- Salt and black pepper
- 5 lemons, juiced
- 5 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, grill with husk on
Boil salted water. Have ice water ready on the side. Poach shrimp for just 30 seconds and cool in ice water and drain. Combine with fish and toss with onion, ginger, garlic, hot pepper, celery, salt, and black pepper. Allow to cool in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
Add juices and refrigerate 1 hour. Finish with cilantro and corn, check seasoning and serve in a martini glass.