- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced paper-thin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) fillets red snapper
- 1 large round tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced in thin rounds
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup picked cilantro leaves
- 4 (8-inch square) pieces parchment paper
- Butcher's twine, for securing
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a small saute pan. Add the garlic, shaking the pan constantly. When the garlic begins to turn a golden color, remove instantly from the heat. Pour the garlic and oil into another container to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
Place an 8-inch square piece of parchment paper on a flat surface, in a diamond pattern. Salt and pepper the snapper and place in the lower third of the paper. Top the fish with 1/2 tablespoon of garlic and oil, 1/4 each of the tomato, red onion, and jalapeno. Add 1/2 tablespoon of tequila, a spritz of lime juice, and a little cilantro. Season again.
Fold the paper over the fish and fold the edges over, forming an envelope. Making sure there are no openings. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients to create 4 packages.
Tie the package with butcher's twine, and bake for 15 minutes.