- 4 small fresh hearts of palm, julienned
- 1 orange, sectioned and juice reserved
- 1 yellow or red large round tomato, peeled, seeded, and cut into small strips
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Scotch bonnet chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (1 1/2 pound) spiny lobsters, split and cleaned
Preheat a grill.
Combine the hearts of palm, orange sections and juice, tomato, red onion, cilantro, chile, vinegar, and olive oil, and keep chilled until ready to serve. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper.
Place the split lobsters on the grill, flesh side down. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes and then turn over and cook for 5 to 6 more minutes.
Place the lobster on serving platters filling in the top, empty part of the shell with the slaw.