c.1996, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extravirgin olive oil
- 2 heads butter lettuce, pale inner leaves only, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 large hardboiled eggs, whites cut into 1/4inch dice and yolks pressed through a sieve
In a glass bowl, whisk together the mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar, and shallot. Drizzle the olive oil over in a slow, thin stream, whisking all the time until the dressing is emulsified.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with enough dressing to coat generously. Place a mound of the salad on each of 6 chilled plates and garnish with some of the diced egg white and a dusting of the sieved yolk.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Boston Bibb Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash, Georgia Pecans, Blue Cheese and Warm Bacon-Brown Sugar Vinaigrette, Watercress Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette, Gina's Spinach Salad with Spiced Pecans, Spinach Salad Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Cobb Salad Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes