- 4 poussin or Cornish game hens
- 2 tablespoons five spice salt (1 part five spice to 4 parts kosher salt)
Season poussin inside and out. Dip poussin in hot boiling water 2 times followed by 3 dips in Vinegar Dip. Hang dry overnight, in a cool dry place. Roast at 275 degrees for 25 minutes until rare. Deep fry until golden brown. Season again.
- 3 cups black Chinese vinegar
- 1 cup dark soy
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup honey
Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- BRAISED TRIPLE CABBAGE "LASAGNE"
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 cups chopped white cabbage
- 2 cups napa cabbage
- 2 cups bok choy or choy sum
- 1/4 cup shaoshing wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 ounces butter
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 8 blanched sheets fresh pasta or 8 lasagne sheets
At high heat, saute garlic and ginger. Add cabbages. Add shaoshing and stock. Cook until all is soft and liquid is 50 percent reduced. Add butter. Check for seasoning. Build a free form lasagne alternating pasta with the cabbage fondue. Place poussin on top of lasagne and garnish with hoisin lime sauce and sliced scallions