- 1 dozen Wild Rhode Island oysters (choice/large)
- Canola oil, to cook
- 1 small minced red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle puree (chipotle in adobo and pureed)
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes or 2 whole canned Napoli tomatoes, fine diced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
On a hot grill, place the oysters and grill until they open, 5 to 8 minutes. In a saucepan coated lightly with oil, caramelize the onions, about 3 minutes, then add the chipotle and tomatoes. Add vinegar and season. When the oysters open, be careful not to spill out the liquor, and top with warm salsa. Serve on a bed of fresh seaweed.