- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Basil Oil, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken, picked off of the bone, skin and all, shredded
- 4 cups blanched fusilli pasta
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, medium dice
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil, picked, reserve a few tops, for garnish
In a blender, add the Dijon and vinegars and blend. Drizzle in the oils to emulsify. In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, pasta, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Check for flavor.
In a large pasta bowl, plate the entire salad and garnish with basil tops.
York Creek, Pinot Blanc, Spring Mountain District, Napa Valley, 1996
Bedford Thompson, Cabernet Franc, Santa Barbara County, 1994
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
In a blender, puree garlic, ginger, lime juice, salt, and sugar and oil until smooth. Do not overmix thereby heating the mixture. Add the basil and puree smooth. Check for seasoning.