- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 3 minced Thai bird chiles
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 1 red onion fined diced
- 2/3 cup hoisin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shaohsing, Chinese white wine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
In a hot saucepan, add canola oil and caramelize chiles, garlic, ginger, beans and onions. Add hoisin, stir often and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef and deglaze with shaohsing. Turn heat down and simmer for 45 minutes. Check for seasoning.
Cook noodles in salted water until al dente. Drain well and place in bowls. Top with cucumber, carrots and bean sprouts. Ladle on hot beef sauce.