- 2 cups cooked flavored sushi rice
- 1/4 cup soy-ginger glaze, recipe to follow
- 1/4 cup gari julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Form sushi cakes either using a rice mold or your hands. Make a small hole in the cake and fill with gari. Re-seal hole and let rest for 5 minutes. On a hot grill, mark the cake. Turn over and glaze marked side. Turn again and glaze. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
- SOY-GINGER GLAZE
- 1 cup thin soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.