- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 goat or Thai bird peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 2 red onions, minced
- 4 large lobsters, heads removed, and cut with shell on, at the joints into about 6 pieces, the claws cut in half diagonally
- 4 large mangos, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cups kale, washed and sliced, may substitute any bitter greens
- 1 cup rum
- 4 cups fish stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 8 Johnny Cakes, recipe follows
Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic, goat peppers, and onions and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the lobster and move it around with the other ingredients. Add the mangos, peas, and kale, and continue moving the contents around. Flambe with the rum, and reduce by 1/2.
Then add the fish stock and further reduce by 1/4. Add the butter and continue stirring. Check for seasonings. The mixture should have a broth-like consistency.