- 8 ounces of hamachi (yellowtail), pounded out carpaccio style
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Fleur de sel (kosher salt could work, but recommend fleur de sel for both taste and texture)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger julienned super fine
- Soy syrup, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup curry oil, recipe follows
Wrap each 2-ounce piece of fish in plastic wrap and pound flat using the bottom of a saute pan. Lay each plate with the carpaccio. Sprinkle with chives, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Drizzle a little soy syrup.
In a small saute pan, heat the curry oil very hot. Add the ginger to the pan. Immediately spoon on 1 tablespoon per plate of the hot oil. The fish should sizzle where the oil hits. Serve at once.
Combine all ingredients and reduce at a simmer until a syrup consistency is achieved, about a 60 to 70 per cent reduction. Let cool.
Make paste and slowly add oil. Let stand for 1 hour to settle. Use top, yellow oil for garnish