- 2 cups sliced shiitakes
- 3 cups steamed glutinous rice, recipe below
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound glutinous rice (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 large banana leaf or cheesecloth
Wash rice until water is clear. Cover rice with cold water and vanilla extract and soak overnight. Drain rice and place in steamer lined with banana leaf or cheesecloth. If using leaf, make sure there is a 2 to 3-inch circle in the middle and small holes punched out. This will allow steam to pass through the leaf. Steam on high heat for 45 minutes, rice should be fully cooked but not mushy.