- 3 ounces chilean sea bass or other fatty white fish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound crab leg meat, picked over
- 1/4 cup chopped chervil
- Canola oil
- 12 large shiitakes, cleaned (a combination of shiitakes and morels are also nice)
In a food processor, puree fish with the egg and cream. Check for seasoning. In a chilled stainless steel bowl, fold in crab and chervil into the mousse. Place in a pastry bag and stuff each mushroom. Dip each mushroom in tempura batter (recipe to follow) and in a 375 degree fryer, fry until golden brown.
In a bowl, whisk in soda into the flour until a pancake batter consistency is achieved.
EDAMAME AND TRUFFLE PUREE:
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh edamames
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped black truffles
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Saute shallots until soft. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Check for seasoning. Add edamames to stock. Simmer for 30 minutes until very soft. Puree in food processor with truffle oil and butter. Fold in truffles and season with salt and pepper.