- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chipotle
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 ounces chopped butter
- 1/3 cup sliced green scallions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 package wonton skins
In a food processor, puree turkey with chipotle, egg and cream. Pulse in butter but do not puree smooth. Place mousse in a chilled bowl and fold in scallions. Season. Make shumai and/or tortellini. To make shumai, dollop mousse in middle of wonton wrapper. Fold up sides tightly around mousse to form open-faced dumpling and flatten bottom on counter. Steam for 8 minutes until done. Plate in soup plate with pea broth and garnish with chile oil.
SWEET PEA BROTH:
- 2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups English peas or frozen peas (Simplot brand)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 to 4 ounces butter (optional)
In a saucepan, sweat onion and garlic. Add stock and seasoning. Make sure broth is salty. When boiling, add peas and spinach. Cook until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes. Immediately puree with hand blander and add butter. Check for seasoning.
- 1/2 cup ground red chile (ancho, chimayo or pasilla)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat chile and cumin in a saute pan until barely smoking. Whisk in oil. Transfer to tall, glass jar and let stand overnight. Oil will separate.