- 2 large russet or kennebeck potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup chopped chives plus chive points for garnish
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 ounces Sterling Gold Caviar or osetra
- Freshly coarse-cracked black pepper
Using a turning slicer, make potato hair. Deep fry the hair until golden brown. Season with salt and break into 3 by 3-inch oblong pieces. Mix the creme fraiche and chives. Place a small dab on a plate and top with potato crisp. Lay 1 slice of salmon on top, small dab of creme and a teaspoon of caviar. Top with second potato crisp and repeat, finishing with the caviar. Garnish with black pepper and chive points.