It is recommended to use day-old rice so that the drier rice can soak up the flavors.
- Canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 bunch chopped scallions, green and white separated
- 1 lapchang, diced (Chinese sausage), can substitute with 4 strips of cooked bacon
- 8 cups cooked, day old long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
In a wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil and quickly soft-scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs. In the same wok, coat with oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger. Add white scallions and lapchang. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce, white pepper and scrambled eggs. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately.