Ming's Black Bean Clams, Mussels and Leeks with Angel Hair
Copyright 1999, Ming Tsai, All Rights Reserved
- Canola oil, to cook
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 minced serrano chiles
- 3 leeks, white part only julienne, save light green part to fry (julienne)
- 1 pound Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound PEI mussels, scrubbed, beard removed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Thai basil chiffonade
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice flour
In a hot casserole with lid, coat with oil and saute black beans, garlic, ginger and chiles until soft, about 3 minutes. Add leeks and season. Add clams and stir for 2 minutes. Add mussels, and deglaze with wine. Add stock and cover to steam. Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water until al dente. When clams and mussels are open, about 5 to 8 minutes (remove any unopened ones which are dead), and add basil, creme fraiche and strained pasta. Check for seasoning. In a 325 degree fryer, coat leeks with flour and fry until golden brown, season and drain on paper towels.
PLATING Serve in large pasta bowl, keeping shellfish on top and garnish with fried leeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.