- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 catfish fillets, approximately 6 ounces each
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Edamame Succotash, recipe follows
In a large deep skillet, heat oil, about 1/2-inch high, over medium-high heat.
Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a deep shallow bowl or pie tin, place flour and season with salt and pepper. Stir with a fork. Set aside.
Beat the eggs in a separate shallow bowl or pie tin. Set aside.
Combine the bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another deep shallow bowl or pie tin. Stir with a fork. Set aside.
Dust each fillet with flour, then dip in the eggs, and then roll in the bread crumbs. Deep-fry fillets in heated oil for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve one fillet on top of a bed of Edamame Succotash.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked edamame soy beans
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bacon and saute for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved