Miroton de Cabillaud
- 1 (4 pound) whole codfish, cleaned, scaled and filleted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 4 tablespoons
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine, plus 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces sour gherkins, julienned
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Cut cod into 1 1/2-inch thick steaks. Pat dry. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute each steak for 4 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
Place the onions in the skillet and saute until brown. Add the wine and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until volume is reduced by 1/2. Return fish to skillet and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove fish and place on a warm platter.
Recipe Courtesy Chanticleer, Nantucket, Massachusetts