Miso Glazed Black Cod in Kyoto Red Miso Crab Broth
- Miso Glazed Black Cod:
- 1/3 cup sake
- 1/3 mirin rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup yellow miso
- 4 (6-ounce) black cod fillets
- Miso Crab Broth:
- 4 tablespoons red miso paste (recommended: Kyoto)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 thumb-sized knob ginger, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage and shell
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Smelt egg, for garnish, optional
Preheat a broiler to medium.
When ready to serve, broil the cod, 6 inches from the heat, until fish is opaque and lightly caramelized on top, about 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium saucepot over medium heat, add the miso paste and slowly stir in the boiling water. Add the ginger, garlic and vinegar and bring to a boil. Strain broth from solids and return the broth to the heat. Add the crab, mushrooms and the scallions. Cook until the crab is heated through and mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Serve with the broiled cod topped with smelt egg, if using.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.