Mixed Fruit Buckle
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups peeled and cut peaches*
- 2 cups cleaned blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 (13 1/2 by 8-inch) oval baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour lemon juice and sugar over fruit. Mix cornstarch and water and add to fruit. Mix dry spices and add to fruit and stir entire mixture and set aside.
Melt butter in small saucepan. Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar; slowly add milk to prevent lumping. Fold this mixture into melted butter, but do not whisk. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in liquid. Do not mix, batter will rise to the top during baking. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with whipped cream, creme fraiche or ice cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.