- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound mixed greens
- 1 cup diced ripe peaches
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
In a blender, combine the champagne vinegar, honey, shallots, mustard and garlic. Puree until smooth, 10 to 15 seconds. While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender through the opening in the lid until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a clean, non-reactive container with a lid. Set aside until ready to use, or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To make the salad, in a large stainless steel bowl, combine the mixed greens, peaches, avocado, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad gently but thoroughly to combine, then serve immediately on chilled salad plates.