Mixed Greens with Tomato-Ginger Dressing
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens, any combination romaine, red leaf, bibb and Boston lettuces
In a blender, combine tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and vinegar. Process until smooth. Add water, oil, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth.
Divide greens evenly among 4 salad plates and spoon dressing over top.
Recipe courtesy Robin Vitteta-Miller
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller