Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced lotus root
- 1/2 cup sliced jicama
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 8 white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and ginger; cook stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add carrots, lotus root, jicama, zucchini and mushrooms; stir fry for 1 minute.
Add water, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and asparagus; stir fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.