Modern Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Ice Cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container blue cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) container high quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 4 small heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups diced heirloom tomatoes
- 4 strips fried bacon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Slice a1/4-inch off the bottom of each head of lettuce to allow it to sit flat like a bowl. Slice 1-inch off the top and remove the middle leaves of lettuce to create a bowl. Fill each 'bowl' with the blue cheese ice cream, diced tomatoes, and one strip of fried bacon.
Recipe courtesy of Brooke Peterson, 2010