Modern Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Ice Cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container blue cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) container high quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 4 small heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups diced heirloom tomatoes
- 4 strips fried bacon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Slice a1/4-inch off the bottom of each head of lettuce to allow it to sit flat like a bowl. Slice 1-inch off the top and remove the middle leaves of lettuce to create a bowl. Fill each 'bowl' with the blue cheese ice cream, diced tomatoes, and one strip of fried bacon.
Recipe courtesy Brooke Peterson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman