- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into spears, lengthwise
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
In a 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat olive oil and garlic until just sizzling. Add broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8 to 10 minutes, until even the stem is tender. Use the wine to slow the pan down if it gets hot enough to brown the garlic. When tender, add red pepper flakes and zests and place on a platter. Serve as contorno to braised or grilled meats.