- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 4 tablespoons cool water
- 1/2 cup Pomade olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Caciocavallo
- 6 salt-packed anchovies, headed, gutted and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
TO PREPARE PASTA:
Stir together flour and salt and add olive oil, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs and mix with hands until sticky. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough stays together. Knead 5 to 8 minutes until pliable. Cover and allow to rest 15 minutes.
TO PREPARE FILLING:
Form golf ball-sized pieces out of dough. On a floured work surface, roll out dough to 3 1/2-inch to 4-inch circles. Place a scant tablespoon of filling in center of each circle and fold to half moon, moistening between the edges with a little flour. Heat 1/2 cup Pomade oil in a 12-inch to 14-inch saute pan over medium heat and cook 3 or 4 at a time until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.