Monkfish in Miso
- 1 tablespoon each of vegetable oil and Oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 pound Shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or rice vinegar
- 1/2 pound monkfish cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon miso paste dissolved in 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Heat oils in a skillet or wok. Add ginger and stir fry a few seconds or until you can smell it, add garlic and mushrooms and stir fry a few moments. Add sugar, mirin and fish. Cover and simmer over low heat until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add dissolved miso. Mix well, season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper; stir in scallions and cilantro; serve over brown rice.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater