Monster Marshmallow Cookies
- For the Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 1/2 teaspoons half-and-half
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and both sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time on medium speed, then beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
Stir the oats, cereal, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows into the dough with a wooden spoon. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies in batches until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies rest on sheet pans to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool.
Make the topping: Combine the chocolate chips, marshmallows, half-and-half and cayenne pepper in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans. Drizzle the mixture over the cookies and let set, about 4 hours.
Photograph by Anna Williams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.