- 1 pound red potatoes, washed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 parsnips or turnips, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red beet, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano) or 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the red potatoes, parsnips, beets and sweet potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces and add them to the bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss with the vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly in a large roasting pan.
Roast until the vegetables are cooked through and browned, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.