- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for bowl
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, basil or tarragon (we used rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine the warm water, honey and yeast in small bowl. Allow the yeast to work.
In a large bowl, combine the bread flour, wheat flour, zucchini, oil, herbs and salt. Add the yeast mixture and knead until smooth, by hand or in a mixer with a bread hook (2 minutes on setting one and 2 minutes on setting two). Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size.
Remove from the bowl and knead 1 to 2 minutes by hand. Place in a bread pan and let rise again until almost doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Bake the loaf until golden brown and the bread pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 45 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.